It may not be the topic of dinner conversation, but snoring is in fact a very common problem. It is not unusual that a person may be wakened during the night by a spouse in search of snoring remedies. Snoring can be very disruptive to the sleep patterns, as possibly lead to even further health complications. Before you panic, take comfort in knowing that most of the snoring remedies are very simple and can be done at home.
Homegrown snoring remedies
1) Sleep consistency This is probably the easiest of all the snoring remedies to try. Establishing a consistent sleeping pattern allows your body to acclimate to a routine. Every personís body establishes certain patterns that the body adjusts called Circadian rhythm. The Circadian rhythm includes steady behavior and involves sleep as well. Staggered hours of sleep due to working too much or other reasons can certainly contribute to snoring. Although some people need more sleep, others less, a good rule of thumb is eight hours per night. Consistency also means going to sleep at the same time every night.
2) Different pillows Snoring remedies come in all forms, and this one takes a simple trip to the store for new pillows. The reason behind this is that dust can become trapped in pillows, which can cause congestion and add to snoring.
3) Adjust sleeping position This snoring remedy may not be as easy as it seems, although the benefit of a quiet night is well worth the effort. Most snoring occurs while an individual sleeps on his or her back, because the muscles in the throat area relax and obstruct the passage. A romantic way to change this pattern is to try spooning with your spouse, as he or she will create a natural obstruction for you to remain on your side.
4) Hydration Some snoring remedies require changes in patterns throughout the day to achieve the desired results: staying hydrated is one of them. Keeping your body hydrated maintains regular function in the nasal passages, reducing the risk of obstruction of fluids caused by dehydration. Studies have shown that drinking water throughout the day will decrease snoring at night. Minimally, eight to ten 8 oz. glasses of water per day will do the trick.
5) Diet Many individuals who have gained an excess amount of weight in a short period of time may have received a higher amount of complaints during the night about snoring. An exercise regimen can be beneficial for your health, as well as eliminate the snoring issue.
Snoring remedies donít have to be complex to be successful. Many of the snoring remedies are beneficial for other areas of health, as well as eliminating snoring. The beauty of these snoring remedies is that there isnít a great deal of investment. Snoring remedies can prevent the possibility of sleep apnea, heart conditions and headaches. If you try these sleep remedies and continue to have problems with snoring, it may be in your best interests to consult a physician or a health care professional. The problem may need further treatment.