Are you planning to hold a baby shower party for your upcoming niece or nephew? Are you having trouble selecting the right games for the event? If yes, read on to gain insights on the games suitable for the occasion.
Baby showers became a tradition not only for wealthy families, but also for ordinary families as well. No matter how much money you spare for the event, you can still have a successful baby shower with proper planning and preparation.
It has been the tradition not only in the United States, but in many countries worldwide. Like the upcoming baby, this event is organized to wish the expectant parents of the coming of an angel to their life. It is usually attended by friends, relatives and colleagues.
Historians believed that baby showers evolved during the 18th century, wherein Victorian women held a secret tea party for their expectant friend. In 1900, these parties later became bridal showers and were organized by women a day before the wedding of their friend.
As time evolved, the manner of how the event was celebrated transitioned along with it, but the one thing remained the same, the giving of gifts by guests.
Today, people from different cultures and strata in society organized baby showers to wish the expectant parents and to give them gifts which they believed would helped them in rearing their upcoming child.
Like any other parties we have, food, drinks, sweets and games are always present. To give life to every event, organizers have games not only to entertain guests to also to give fun and excitement to the party. However, choosing games for the party is not that easy. With the myriad games we know nowadays, it is difficult for us to pick out games that suit an event like baby showers. You can ask friends, colleagues and relatives about it or do some leg work on the Internet and look for suitable games for the event.
Some games that you can play during the event:
1. Guess Mommy to Be’s Tummy Size – You need a yarn or string and scissors. Participants will cut the yarn according to the size they believe would best fit around the tummy of the expectant mother. The one near to the actual size is the winner.
2. Say “Baby” – You need safety pins or other type of baby objects which you can attach to a string. Female participants will wear a yarn or strings with numerous safety pins on her neck. Whenever someone will say “baby” during the party, any woman can get a pin from the one who stated the word. Those with the most pins will win the game.
3. The Price is Right – You need to buy several baby items, like pacifier, baby bottles, baby food and many more. You remove the price tags and place them on the table. Give participants a piece of paper containing the possible prices for each of the item. Those who guess it right wins the game.
Other games include:
1. Guess the Gerber’s
2. Place the Baby on the Mommy to Be
3. Guess the Number of Safety Pins
4. Bottle Races
5. Complete the baby rhyme
6. Baby Scrambler