Are you planning to attend the baby shower of your friend? Are you confused on what gift to give to the expectant parents. If yes, read the tips and suggestions mentioned below. This article offers tips on how to choose the right gifts for baby showers. It presents the significance of these gifts to expectant parents.
Baby shower is an event organized by friends and relatives of expectant parents to honor the arrival of the new member of the family. Since babies are special individuals who require love, care and attention, it is just right to give them special things which parents need to properly care for their baby.
Baby showers are not only held to welcome the arrival of the new family member, but to help parents the cost of rearing a child. As you know, raising a child is not that easy because of the numerous needs which parents need to keep them healthy. As friends of the expectant parents, you can help them by providing them ideal baby shower gifts.
Choosing a suitable gift for a shower is not as simple as going to malls and buying shoes, cloths or bags because babies have different needs from adults. If the expectant mother has lists of things that she needs for the child, you can choose one from the list, otherwise you have to pick items which you think is right for the occasion. With myriad commercial baby items found in stores, for sure you confused on what gift to bring to the event.
Before you start your purchase, you have to consider these things:
1. Budget You need to determine how much you can spare for the gift. If you can afford to buy expensive gifts, you can pick baby cribs, walker or other baby furniture items. If you only have meager budget, you can select small things, such as clothes, accessories, toys and many more.
2. Gender of the baby If the expectant parents had divulged the gender of the baby, you can choose gift items suitable for male and female babies, otherwise there are numerous unisex items found in stores.
Below are lists of suitable gifts for baby showers:
1. Cheap baby furniture There are numerous affordable baby furniture pieces found in stores. Pick one which you think best fit for the recipient.
2. Baby clothing Buy clothes suitable for their age. Choose those made from pure soft cotton to avoid skin rashes and to bring comfort.
3. Baby gift baskets There are gift baskets found in stores which include feeding bottle, diapers, baby powder and many more.
4. Baby toys There are numerous toys which you can select from stores suitable for their age. Buy those made from non toxic materials.
5. Personalized gifts You can make knitted mittens, baby caps, shoes and sweaters. You can also have things embroidered with letters, numbers and other baby things.
No matter what items you choose, be sure that these things are durable, hypoallergenic and made from non toxic materials to ensure the safety and welfare of the newborn baby.