Swimming pools are not only kept clean for swimming purposes, they are also maintained in order to keep their good condition when in use and when not used. Cleaning your pool is an easy thing to do if you have the knowledge as well as the patience in doing the job. One way of doing it best is by completely draining the water out of the swimming pool as it helps a lot in making the task much easier and faster to get accomplished. Remember, you donít have to hire a professional pool cleaner to clean your pool because you can do it all by yourself.
Whether your pool is an aboveground or sunken type of swimming pool, the method on draining the water is almost similar to each other. Follow these simple steps on how to drain your pool water the safe way:
1. In preparation for that day, make sure that you stopped on adding any chemicals on your water so that you can use the water on other things such as for cleaning your vehicles, dog cages, floor, and many other things you want to use it for. You can also use the water to feed your plants as well as water the lawn. Without the chemicals in the water, you can use it without any worries of killing your plants and lawn. The water is also safe for cleaning stuffs as it will not stain or rust. In case you donít want to use the water or you donít have anything to have it used on, you can continue on adding chemicals prior to the draining although that is unnecessary as it will only cost you on chemicals spent.
2. A good thing to remember is to prepare your drain line and check for any leaks. These lines are always situated near your pool whether it is sunken or an aboveground pool as they are connected to your swimming pool.
3. Prepare your hose and place the other end near the drain line and the other on where you want to get rid of the pool water. In case you didnít stop from adding or using chemicals a week before your cleaning task, make sure that the water goes somewhere safe as it can harm plants and animals when taken orally. In case you planned on using the water, place the other end on where you will use it to avoid any unnecessary mess before you turn the pump on.
4. Turn the pump on and continue on flushing out the water for a while. Turn the pump off to let it rest for a while before you finish the job. Make sure that you are not in a hurry when you are doing this to avoid adding more work to your current cleaning due to spilling.
5. This process should be repeated and be done patiently until the pool is completely out of water before you can clean the pool. After cleaning your swimming pool, donít forget to install the pool cover and keep your pool clean and safe for everyone.