Cooking is a vital part of everyone’s life. Whether you love being resident house cook or you are the one regularly waiting for the food to be served, surely, your kitchen must be equipped with the most appropriate kitchenware. Even if you are not the type to adore cooking that much, it can be made pleasurable and interesting if you have the right cooking ware in your kitchen. One of the best ones available in the market is stainless steel cookware and it must have caught your attention at least once even. But what exactly makes stainless cookware stand out? Read more and find out.
What are stainless steel cooking wares?
Stainless steel is not plain steel incorporated with magical elements to be able to repel stain. Basically, stainless steel is a mixture of different metals, making it an alloy. Its main metal ingredients are iron, nickel and chromium, among other significant metals. Stainless steel items, particularly cooking wares, come with a polished finish because of nickel and it is also the metal responsible for its rust repellent quality. Normally, the bottom of stainless steel cooking ware has copper and aluminium that allows efficient heat conduction.
What are the advantages of stainless steel cookware?
Stainless steel cookware is not patronized because of nothing. It offers a significant number of advantages, which are listed below.
• It is highly durable. Stainless steel is known to be so tough that it can actually last for many years, even decades for that matter. It does not chip, rust and stain easily. It will take a really hard blow of a very hard material to be dented, so normal wear and tear is something that it can easily endure. All in all, it is indestructible.
• It looks good and presentable. Stainless steel cookware possesses high aesthetic quality. It will still look like brand new even after many years of usage. It stays beautiful not because it is high maintenance—its nickel content keeps it looking exquisite.
• It preserves the flavour of the food. Unlike other types of cookware, stainless steel ones are made in a way that none of the metal components will leave a taste on the food cooked in it. This is because of the non stick coating that it comes with.
• It is generally safe to be used in cooking. Stainless steel cooking wares are hard and non porous, making it resistant to cracks, spatter and leaks. There is also no need for you worry about metal poisoning because as mentioned above, no metal will come with the food.
How to clean stainless steel cookware?
Maintaining and cleaning stainless steel kitchen and cooking wares is very easy. Here are some basic ways to keep your stainless steel cookware at its best state.
• Removing stain from a stainless steel ware is easy. You can get a soft cloth and dab it on olive oil. Rub the cloth in the stained part and then rub it with another clean cloth.
• If there are spots on the stainless steel cookware, which may rarely be present, just use vinegar to clean it off.
• Rare rusting might also occur, but in such case, any common household cleaning product will help.
• Never use steel wool in cleaning stainless steel cookware.