Do you know what is your birthstone? Are you familiar with the different birthstones and their meaning? To know more about the topic, consider reading the article below.
For years, young and old women prefer to buy and to receive jewelry because of its durability, price and sentimental value. Majority of them love to receive not only those with diamonds, but other precious gems like ruby, amethyst, sapphire and many more. However, not all of us know what it connotes, right?
Did you know that these precious birthstones already existed since ancient times? They used them not only to accessorize their clothes and to beautify themselves, but it used to connote ones rank and social status. Like good luck charms, they believed that these stones contain magical powers that can protect them from bad luck and disaster, can bring prosperity and many more. More so, these gems are linked to Zodiac and each month has its own birthstone and its own properties and fable meanings.
These birthstones can be found in rings, necklaces and bracelets and it can be a wonderful gift to give not only to yourself, but also to friends, relatives and loved ones. For sure, it is something that you can treasure forever not only because of its price, but also because of its sentimental value.
If you intend to buy a jewelry with birthstones for yourself or for your friends and loved ones, find first which gem suits your recipient best.
Different birthstones and their meanings:
1. Garnet It is the birthstone for the month of January. It is believed to be associated with blood and it is used to protect the bearer from nightmares and to guide him through the dark.
2. Amethyst It is the birthstone for the month of February. According to folklore, it is associated with peace, tranquility, sobriety and protection. Moreover, the gem is believed to prevent baldness, to improve the skin and to give protection from deceit.
3. Aquamarine This is the gem for March. It is believed to protect the bearer from the wrath of the sea. More so, it is said to bring hope, love, health and new friends.
4. Diamond This is the gem for April and the most popular gem in history. It is known for its hardness, durability, luster and expensiveness. For centuries, it has been used not only as perfect gift for girlfriends but it has been used as perfect engagement rings, wedding gifts and anniversary gifts. It is associated with strength, eternity and love.
5. Emerald It is the birthstone for the month of May which is associated with magical powers. Ancient civilization used it to cure illnesses, to boost health and to foresee the future.
6. Pearl It is the gem for the month of June. It is associated with purity, modesty and chastity.
7. Ruby This is the birthstone for the month of July. This gem has been used by ancient civilization to bring protection and harmony.
8. Peridot It is the birthstone for the month of August. Ancient civilization used it to protect the bearers from night terrors and from evil. It is believed to have enhanced healing power.
9. Sapphire This is the gem for the month of September. It is associated with honesty, purity and faith. Ancient civilization believed that the stronger the luster of the sapphire, the honest and faithful the wearer is.
10. Opal It is the gem for the month of October. It is associated with innocence, hope and purity. It is believed that the gem can heal illness and can bring more friends.
11. Topaz This is the birthstone for the month of November. According to ancient Greeks, the stone has the ability to protect the bearer from dangerous situations. It is also linked with life, sanity and healing.
12. Turquoise It is the gem for December. It is associated with luck, happiness and fortune.
Now that you know the 12 gemstones for the different months of the year, which one birthstone do you belong.