Black mold is very toxic and causes severe health risks. This fungus is different than others and thrives in damp locations. The fungus is partial to fibrous materials like ceiling, paper, cardboard, carpet, and wood panels. If there is dampness, the fungus will grow and contaminate the home. Dampness is often caused by a leaky pipe or damage from flood. The black mold removal must be completed as soon as it is possible to prevent it from spreading.
The toxins contained in the fungus spores will cause allergic reactions, skin rashes, coughs, hemoptysis which is a cough that produces blood, nausea and vomiting, respiratory infections, eye infections, and fatigue. These are just some of the illnesses caused by black mold that have the potential to be life threatening.
The removal of the fungus is never safe, however with the right precautions the members of the household and the one removing the growth will be safe from contamination. When removing the fungus it is best to use fungicides and antimicrobial agents. It is important to first locate the source of the problem and eliminate it.
The life source the fungus is humidity and moisture. When the cause is a leaky pipe, it must be fixed before any other step is taken. After fixing the leak it is time to begin removing the fungus. It is important to restrict the growth to one location to prevent spreading and contaminating other areas. This is done by covering the contaminated area with plastic sheets wall to wall and ceiling to floor. Use dehumidifiers to dry the fungus area. Do not use fans since they will only spread mold spores into the air contaminating it.
It is time to eliminate the growth once it is contained and dry. The individual removing the fungus must wear protective clothing so that they are not contaminated. This gear involves a mask, gloves, goggles, and a biohazard suite.
The contaminated area can now be fogged or sprayed with a natural and organic fungicide. It is much safer to use the natural organic products. Bleach should never be used for fungus because it does not kill it. Fungicides must remain on the area for approximately one hour to make sure the growth is killed.
When the fungus has been killed it is time to begin removing it by scrubbing the area with a special cleaner. After the fungus has been removed it is important to dispose of the contaminated materials and replace with those that are resistant to fungus to prevent it from returning. It is imperative to take this preventative step to make certain that the health of those living in the home is protected.
It might be wise to leave black mold removal to professionals. It is not difficult to find several that are reputable and able to handle any fungus issue. Compare a few companies and ask about the removal process and what kind of fungicides they use. While you want to compare costs do not settle for the least expensive company as they may not be the best for the job. It is very important that the removal be done correctly.
Living with mold can be harmful to one's health. Ask mold removal experts to bid on your job. Get free estimate now!