Poker bonus codes and rakebacks are popular for players just entering the fateful playground of online poker. Because of regular TV programming and advertising about poker, information about online poker easily reaches a general audience enamoured to poker shows, and online poker has became ultra competitive ever since it was introduced. Bonus codes and rakebacks are therefore offered as promotions for online poker sites to attract as many new players as possible and also to give incentives to existing players for them to continue playing and reinforce their loyalty to the poker site.
For many beginning players, bonus codes are great ways to gain a bankroll quickly, especially during the vulnerable phase of their poker career the beginning where they focus more on practicing their poker knowledge and studying the intricacies of Internet poker. For advanced players, bonus codes allow them to recharge their bankroll a bit and allow them to continue playing.
Types of Bonuses in Online Poker
There are many types of poker bonus codes. For beginners, there are:
(1) Instant deposit bonuses When a player deposits money at the poker site for the first time and he or she enters an instant deposit bonus along with it, then the player receives extra money. Instant deposit bonuses are usually expressed as a percentage of the deposit; for instance, a 100 bonus up to $500 means that whenever a player deposits for the first time, the bonus obtained is equal to that amount (but the maximum amount of bonus receivable is only $500). That means that the larger the deposit, the larger the bonus. There may be some conditions required before obtaining the full bonus, like playing a specified number of hands or paying a specified amount of rake.
(2) Fixed deposit bonuses When a player deposits money for the first time, but enters a fixed deposit bonus, then the player receives extra money equal to a specified amount. For instance, if a fixed deposit bonus is equal to $25, a player gets $25 more straight into the poker account after the first deposit (but usually there is a minimum deposit needed to qualify for the bonus).
(3) No deposit bonuses These are bonuses that require only a player signing up for the poker site. No initial deposit is required. Upon signing up, the player just enters the no deposit bonus code, then the player will get free money (usually $5 $10) in his or her bankroll. They are great for players who want to experiment real money play without risking much.
For advanced players, there are:
(1) Reload bonuses They are like instant deposit bonuses, but they are incurred after the first deposit.
(2) Loyalty bonuses They are bonuses open to players who have been playing in a poker site for a long time already.
Rakeback is Another Option
Rakebacks are also a potent promotional tool in poker sites. As a way for the poker site to earn profit, online poker players pay rake a percentage of a pot in cash games (usually 5 ) or tournament fees (usually 10 ). Rakeback allows players to get back a percentage of the rake paid. Because rake is one of the paramount reasons why many good players break even and why many poor players couldn t earn much consistently, poker rakeback offers can make players bankrolls last longer, allowing players to continue to play poker online and grow smarter in the game.