Just about everyone agrees that a home just isn’t a home until there is something on the walls. Of course there are many different ways to decorate walls in your home, but maybe you should consider area rugs when you are looking at a bare wall.
There are some excellent reasons to use rugs as wall art. Rugs have been used for centuries to decorate walls, and although we have come a long way from the castles of old, rugs can still make a wonderful statement when used as art in your home.
• Consider affordability. Area rugs can be an inexpensive way to brighten up a bare wall. It can be much less expensive than, say, a signed lithograph or some other fancy piece of artwork. Plus, you can change things up by rotating the rugs or just buying a new one and putting the old one on a floor somewhere.
• Rugs make great sound proofing. If you are in an apartment or condo with thin walls, putting an area rug on the wall will muffle sounds.
• Rugs cover up wall problems. Maybe your landlord needs to fix some problem on one of your walls but is slow to do so. A well placed rug can cover a multitude of problems.
So how can you use an area rug to create a dramatic effect in different rooms?
• A headboard for your bed: A beautiful area rug can make a gorgeous headboard for your bed if you don’t have one. Dramatic colors that accentuate your bedspread can make a room really pop. Plus, it will keep the area around your bed warmer.
• Over the sofa artwork: Just the right area runner can serve wonderfully as art for over your couch. It is going to be a lot less expensive than some large piece of art, and choosing the color and design will really dramatically accentuate a room.
• Creating a focal point:Just the right area rug can really draw the eye to a certain place in your room. The dramatic designs that are available can say a lot about you and create just the effect you are looking for. Use them to create the perfect focal point.
• Protecting a wall: Especially in a kid’s room, using area rugs can protect the walls from mishaps. They really brighten up a child’s room while also providing some much needed protection from flying toys.
If you have areas in your home that seem to be a real decorating challenge, consider an area rug. Just the right rug will really add a lot to a room when hung on the wall. Even the kitchen and bathroom can be a good place for just the right rug. And heaven knows, there are designs available for every room of the house. Colors and designs for area rugs have come a long way and you are sure to find just the right one to brighten any wall you need a little help with.For more information please visit our area rugs and area rugs in Denver websites.
For more information please visit our area rugs website at http://www.rugexchange.com and area rugs in Denver website at http://www.carpetexchangeonline.com